Monday, May 16, 2011

where am i going for the next 2 years?!

May 14, 2011
Sorry it’s been awhile. Not much has happened in the past couple of weeks. We’ve just been trying to get through training and things have basically stabilized in terms of our routines. So we basically are just running through our routines. So nothing new to report about daily life here.

BUT

Today was the deciding day. Today was the day that determined the next two years of our lives. It’s a pretty crazy interesting moment to completely understand how significant a moment can be and be IN that moment at the same time. Today we found out our sites. J

I WILL BE IN…

BOBONONG! J apparently it’s clinic work. Oh well. That’s ok. I’ll figure something out. It’s on the east side of Botswana. I think it’s around the same size of Kanye, maybe a little smaller. As you can see…I know very little about it. Lol. they speak Setswana, so yay to that. They do have good grocery stores there, so hopefully I won’t have an issue getting cheese. There is no one all that close to me from the Bots 10 group L. but I will be around a lot of the Bots 9 group. So looks like/hopefully I will be making a few more friends J. I’m pretty sure I will have running water and electricity. It was difficult to get excited or sad about my site, because I know so little about it. I guess I can give more of an assessment on Wednesday when I go to visit my site. I’ll be there for a few days to figure out what my job will be and what I will need to buy/bring.
So it’s real. I have a site. I will be in Bobonong for the next 2 years. BTW…it’s called Bob City apparently. Lol. Bob City. Awesome.

1 comment: