Wednesday, April 6, 2011

last one for a bit...maybe?

April 6, 2011

Yay! We got our cell phones today. PC bought our first cell phone. But if we lose it or it gets stolen we have to buy our own. It’s pretty awesome…cuz apparently if people call my cell…it’s free for me to take the call! Someone told me that it’s probably less than 10 cents a minute if called from skype. It’s 1 pula per text back to the US (which btw, the conversion is 7 pula to $1…so not bad!) and 6 pula per minute to call back to the US. So do the math. we start with 40 pula on our card, then if we want to add money, we just go to a tuck shop on the street to add more money. Apparently it’s pretty easy. Not too worried about it. Anyways…hit me up over email if you’re interested in calling…I’ll send you my new number…I’d love to hear from y’all! J

Ah! Last night in the lodge. And the real test begins! Tomorrow I get my host family. I hope they like me and I like them. And I hope they are ok that I am asian! I'm going to be heading out to Kayne tomorrow and i'm going to meet my host family. so i don't know what the living situation is going to be like, but i'll see if i can find internet out there at a cafe or something. i'm pretty nervous, but it's all a part of the experience. Wish me luck!

Oh! Haha. And I found out how the people here may normally react to Asians. They ask “what are you selling?” I think I’m gonna tell them I’m selling condoms…and that they are free! Haha. that way I am kind of telling them what I do there while trying to get them to practice safe sex. Nnyaa? No? damn…I guess I’ll just smile and laugh. 

Let life happen, whatever it may bring. boroko! (night!) :)

1 comment: